Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Metamorphosis

A little more about me and my work. Everything that I paint always has a deep emotional meaning to me and this painting is no different, This painting really represents the inner struggle that sometimes my mind and body go thru to try to achieve a beautiful outcome.
Metamorphosis 24x36 Oil/Acrylic on Canvas 2008
"METAMORPHOSIS" the dictionary states a profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and from the pupa to the adult butterfly. The question that I get the most about this painting is why a Frog and not a Butterfly?, I see a butterfly to be a rare delicate insect, and the change that I was looking for is more of  a rough destructive harsher life a bit like the survival ways that the frog might encounter thru the metamorphosis process. About 75% of my painting come from; anger, hate, sadness, negative emotions and finding a profound change in my mind to release this negative emotional energy in a change positive creative way that other can admire and enjoy and hopefully relate.

The Destruction
Before creating a painting the concept stage is usually the hardest, I must create the finish painting all in my mind and trying not to go crazy with the constant thoughts of how it should look?, where shadows should go?, lights?, how should the person look?, and why? will the story translate? and so on and so on. This questions repeating in you mind creating sleepless nights, watching TV just to try to keep ur mind in a brainless state, eating just to keep energy to replace sleep. This items don't happen all the time but do happen if my creative break takes to long creating maddening depression or better known as The Curse

The Incubation  
Have you seen me? No? this is what I call being in the bat-cave, One of my favorite parts of the process during this time I don't answer my phone, check email, or see, or talk to anyone, I really enjoy lonely-tude people are usually surprise by this, but "don't worry is only during painting" a normal artist way of life. For some reason due to all the prep of the painting being ready and finished in my head the actual painting becomes smooth sailing just putting everything where it belongs ('it usually never really come-out exactly like it is in my mind due to lack of {ninja} skills but one of this days it will, I promise'.) this process sometimes can take weeks or months, The Gift

The Causatum    
The final process; 'The display of the work', after all the loneliness is a weird feeling to showcase your work to a group of people that you might know or you might not, also not knowing what they may think and hoping that they like what they see. Going to every show the second before walking into the gallery my heart feel like it's going to explode, but once I walk in the Gallery I put on my Rockstar mask on and act the part going thru the night without anyone suspecting a thing and sometimes just standing taking it all in and truly enjoying the night, The Perk.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment