Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

"Insufferable Gloom"

 For my new piece I decided to really push my self to my artistic limits, it really was a challenge 'cuz I loves procrastinating' nahh j/k but it really was a challenge of the mind trying to keep the same quality from beginning to the very end, after 3 months or so the outcome was very pleasing to me and allowed me to see what I'm really made off, and now I'm very proud to present to you...."Insufferable Gloom" inspired by a quote from the House of Usher and with help by my friends the combination of both allow me to tell this unique story :

A sense of insufferable gloom pervaded my spirit. I say insufferable; for the feeling was unrelieved by any of that half-pleasureable, because poetic, sentiment, with which the mind usually receives even the sternest natural images of the desolate or terrible.
 -The Fall of the House of Usher, Edgar Allan Poe.

*Also 'Gloomy Bear' is painted purely as fan-art and I painted him to fit the piece as he is a very important part of it, All rights reserved by artist Mori Chack.



Model Tammy Grove















The piece is painted in Oil and Acrylic on 30x40 canvas

A very special Thanks to Tammy & Jeremy for allowing me to work with them and providing this pics

4 comments:

  1. Bro, your work has been my biggest inspiration. I love the direction and detail of this piece. I look forward to seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, in person is way better but I did what I could to capture it with a camera as best as I could but I will def have it in upcoming show in the near future and like always I will keep you and everyone informed. Stay Safe catch you soon.

      Delete
  2. Way cool that snake was an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you is like they say the little things make the big thing happen, the idea came up late in the process and I thought might kill the piece or not belong but I'm glad it worked out.

      Delete