Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Dipstick

My junior year in high school one day in history class while sitting trying to do my homework before class, I saw I was sitting next to this tall black skinny dude that had a blackbook and was sketching hardcore, from the look of his piece I knew he was a 'Toy' I started a conversation with him about graffiti, styles and other graff related items He also told me his writing's name 'Dipstick', after talking for a while he realized that I was a part of Urban Armee (In that time UA was the shit) and dude flipped cuz he loved my work but most important was a huge fan of Kame (Kame by far was one of the best writer in school) He ask me if I could get Kame and the crew to write in his book I must def agree and took his book, about a week past by after the crew rep on the book it was my turned to do my part like always I had to do a two page set up trying to show off in the book and I remember clearly what I wrote in that book "Is ok if biters copy my style - that shit just makes me stronger!" with a Japanese samurai theme to go with what I though was the coolest quote that I have ever added to a piece, so "I though" but man I was very immature and not adding some thing positive really bothers me now. So later that day I headed to the classroom and as soon as I got to the room I notice that some thing was up with the teacher cuz half of his head was huge and all kinds of red ( Scarlet, Fire, brick, I have more I'm an artist, Scarlet, Flame, Crimson, Fuchsia, Lust, and Magenta) he was looking like the Red 'Elephant Man', it was really hard to ignore and we were about to take a test, Me and Dipstick cracking up real hard during the test cuz of 'Red Skull from Captain America' sitting in front of us, A bit upset he asked us to step outside and stop disrupting the class, so we sat outside and just chilled at that moment I handed him his book back and just tripped out on the teachers head, that was a real moment, that night Dipstick all hyped from the book got up on the school's wall, he gave a shout out to the whole UA crew, and he actually misspell my writer's name (neo < *kneom) on the wall lolz but it was legit. That was the last time I saw him, a couple of days after that Dipstick was hit by a Drunk driver while driving back home with his brother, his brother survive but he didn't, a week or less later his funeral was held, the funeral took place at The Potter's House and half of  the school attended the service, while sitting there I remember what I wrote on his book not realizing that everything you do matter to the people around you, is important to be responsible with your words and the gift chosen for you use them to insert a positive look on peoples life cause you never know. 

"Arduous Dream" Oil / Acrylic on canvas 36x48 . Life is short. tomorrow is not promise to anyone.
Live your dreams, especially if your dreams are impossible. That just make a dream better...

No comments:

Post a Comment