Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hatziel's Secret Bootleg Project


I been wanted to this for a while now but been super busy painting but I finally had an opportunity as I replace a painting with this project, the last time I sculpted was about 7 years ago so I became very rusty and didn't even know where to start but "something well learn is never forgotten" -now that's a fucking lie I straight up forgot this shit and it was like learning to walk again, but after a little practice, it was somewhat simple I just apply the same discipline that I do to all  my paintings -keep working on it until ur happy, if you feel unconformable with something change it.

The Sculpt
I actually had two versions of this bust, the first one was a bit longer and really had more detail in the hair and clay pearls but wasn't really the vision I was looking for in the finish piece, I wanted to have the feel of a statue that you can find in the street, a reality that people know and can relate to but with a little bit of the Hatziel touch. Once I had set concept of what I wanted to see, some items were move from sculpt to a after touch (pearls and the bandana) and moved to the next level -Bootlegging the shit out of it! Now I'm Mexican! so it came naturally and I knew exactly what to do.



The Bootleg
I don't really know how the "Toy Community" will feels about me showing their tricks so I will keep it very simple here is the trick ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A and boom 30 Lives.








































The Mass Production
Once I got a whole army produce (actually I only made 6) ready and dry I started spray them with a basic grey primer leaving the color exposed in the bottom, and moved to the next step - making them a unique work of art.

The Paint and Other Items
I wanted the finish product to look like is been on the street for many years forgotten by the world, I added what happens to marble statues in: acid rain, bird droppings, and yes you know it! "Graffiti" how can I not, is a very important part of what the world is "expression". the 'Black Pearls' it has now become a very important part in my painting at this moment and I wanted for this pieces to also display them along the elongated neck making it as close as possible to my paintings, as a last touch I added real bandanas to all of them just because shit looks sweet!.

This pieces will be available at  "A Very Formal Goodbye" show in the Rising Gallery this May 19. be sure to make it early to catch one of this pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment