Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

SBP2: Daruma Doll TUFG!

I have been working on this for a long min now and I finally have something solid to show, this Item will be available first in Houston in this up coming Neopopstreetfunk 4 and will also be available in specific places in Dallas, places to be determined real soon. Here is a little bit of the long process that took place to get this Daruma Doll going.

The Sculpt
The Secret Bootleg Project 2: Daruma Doll Take ur Fucking Goals, I tried to get it as close as possible to my original design that I first showcase a couple of months back, in the process of matching it I actually had to sculpt the Doll about three time to get it somewhat close to it, sculpting is no easy task for me since I usually work with flat surfaces all day but the practice that I got from the last secret project helped a lot, this time around I used better clay and had knowledge of the drying shrinkage and anticipated on it and gave it a better drying time before moving into the next phase. Once the body was 100% dry I got started on the design of the face as a individual piece just to be able to work with out having to worry about messing up the body.

The Multiplication
Once the Model was in an ideal state I started the process of mass producing it, at this I used the same method as last time since it work out so well ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A and boom 30 Lives. (Pictures missing, Actually this time I had such a hard time getting the silicon mold for this sculpt that I'm a shame to show you the pictures, lets just pretend that it was awesome.

The Paint
Now the Paint is where I shine, I have no problem in this category. I first started with a primer coat I used car primer spray-can very thick durable and sandable without stripping it's grip from the plastic. Then I moved to spray the Gold layer, let dry for about 25 min then proceeded to mask the main gold areas and continue with the red spraypaint I gave the Liquitex® "Professional" Spray Paint and here is my review It sucks balls!, is very expensive does not cover well, spray consistency is good and tips work just fine but ur better off with Montana or Ironlak, even Krylon. So after a million coats I finally got the desire color and moved to painting all the detail with the brush, then a nice Satin Clear coat.


The Packaging
Last time packaging was made but since they were display in a gallery it was not used, but this time around I wanted for the packaging to be just as important and the all a whole item, so I created a stencil to match the awesomeness of the sculpture, I also got some Prints of the original concept of the Daruma Doll added some Sharpies so people can set their goals with their doll on the sculpt or the box or the print ether way Take Ur Fucking Goal! 

4 comments:

  1. That is sick. you did an AWESOME job. You should seriously think about one of this metal mouse on your back ground. We need to talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir, yeah that sounds like the next step, must def hit me up anytime.

      Delete
  2. Are there only 6? How can I get one? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're 100% hand painted by me so I try to get as many done as possible but that's all I had time for at this moment but I'm working on another batch that will be a little more available for all, this batch will be in Houston for the Nov 16 Show Neopopstreetfunk 4 http://neopopstreetfunk.com/ so if you're in that area you can get one there but if not I will keep you posted here.

      Delete