Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Nudes

Something has been happening to me this couple of months all the show I had they asked me not to showcase nudity in any level, is very understandable we do live in a society that has made the nude body a sight of evil or filth in other cases very private lonely matter not to be display in public. I do still find beauty in it and I love that it has that shock value in it and it does help me get my point across faster, if it offends then I accomplish the goal that I desired when I was making it but also the enjoyment that does bring to the people that do understand it and know the deeper meaning that goes beyond the painting.







2 comments:

  1. It's strange how in European society there are nude statues and paintings all over the place. It is a thing of beauty shared by artists and respected and admired but here in the US- totally taboo. It has shaped our society into thinking the body is dirty and warped our views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is very sad the way it works, if the painting requires it I will keep doing it.

      Delete